New Year's Resolutions 2018

by - January 08, 2018


It's page 8 of 365 days in year 2018 today and I have actually made a NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS for myself to be a better me. It's actually my first time ever doing this as every year I wish myself to save more money and also to join more Buddhist activities as I can. As I've read some articles from internet, setting the goals or resolutions is an important first step to achieve. I bet most people are struggling to commit or stick with the resolutions in one whole year after setting them. 

No doubts, it's hard to achieve if your goals are not:

  • Specific
  • Realistic 
  • Achievable 
  • Time-bound 
Let's take an example - Getting good CGPA in university. Instead of setting a general one, you must have a goal: How far is the range of CGPA ? Perhaps, at least 3.50 out of 4.00. For university students, this goal is realistic. To make sure it is achievable, if your current CGPA is now 3.45, you need to figure out the range of GPA that you are going to score for two semesters for this year (I assume local university). Also, what intermediate actions are needed to take so that you can achieve your goals ! 

Go ahead and let's make new year's resolutions ! So today I'm going to share about some highlights in 2017 and also my 2018 resolutions

HIGHLIGHTS IN 2017: 
1. Challenging myself for some outdoor activities 🏊🌊
I have either river or sea phobia since I was small (I played water at the riverside and I fall into the river) and I don't know how to swim actually. Yet, I have a bunch of playful and courageous friends who tend to challenge for some extreme activities. I joined them to play WATER RAFTING level 4 in Padas River, Beaufort, Sabah. Till now, it's still unbelievable. I was too naive as I thought it was the indoor activity in human-made river. I kept watching the river flows and non-stop paddling, just not to fall into the fast-flow river. Anyway, it's an unforgettable memories with them but I would never go water rafting again unless the level is only level 1 or level 2. 😅😅

Second activity is also water activity- SNORKELING. There are so many beautiful islands in Sabah and actually Pulau Mantanani is my first island so far that I have ever visited. Again, I'm afraid of water. Yet, I tried my best to learn swimming with the guidance and teaching of my roommate, at least I was managed to know breathing in the water and swim for short distance without raising my head to take breath. And also with the helping hands of my frens, I could enjoy snorkeling at last but I need people to hold my hands.

2. Three months of internship & 1 month part-timer 
I ended my internship in Plexus Manufacturing Sdn.Bhd (Riverside) for three months and truly to say, I gained less knowledge about the job scopes of buyer but I comprehended life experiences. The reason of choosing this company was actually the high salary and better benefits (EPF and Socso are available) and also to experience the office-hours job. I understand myself well that I don't like to be bounded by office hours unless the job is really meaningful for me or because of higher salary -definitely not long term. I know myself more and at least I know what are the pathways that I refuse to work in future. 

After my industrial training, I worked as part-timer in Maha Mangala Natural Health Sdn.Bhd.  Awakenings Cafe (Vegetarian). My main job scope was actually dealing with outlets for merchandise purposes and the rest of time I would be kitchen helper in cafe. I was really grateful to have this experiences and meet nice and caring colleagues. I'll definitely go back to be helper to help around in the cafe if I have some free time. 

3. Graduation of Degree 🎓
Yea I have officially graduated from University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) with Bachelor of Mathematics with Economics (Hons) after three years ! My family members flew all the way from Penang to Sabah to attend and celebrate for it. Although my targeted CGPA is not achievable, I still achieve my goal to improve my CGPA semester by semester, as long as my efforts are paid off. Somehow we need to be grateful. 💗

4. Travelling to 4 states and 3 countries 🚌🚆🚄✈
No doubts, the road trips that I shared before - 4 states which are Kedah, Perak, KL (Bkt Tinggi, Pahang) and also Johor. While for the countries, Thailand-Dannok, China-Shanghai,Suzhou,Wuzhen, Hangzhou and also Singapore.I'm going to share about the travels in China and Singapore so soon. STAY-TUNED ! 

5. Getting offers of Master in USM & UM
Except my family and some frens, I don't tell anyone temporarily as it's still not the right timing. My mood was like a roller-coaster seriously as I was getting offers of different courses from different university in different time of period. When I applied USM, I didn't expect they have intake for second semester. Hmmm it would be a long story about my master application and I'll share it after everything is confirmed as there is still an uncertainty.

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS IN 2018
  1.  Start and end each day with the song of The Chant of Metta 
  2.  Meditate for at least 5-10 minutes before sleeping
  3.  Study hard to complete Master (to be confirmed yet)
  4.  Learn self-financial management -money savings
  5.  Be an active blogger to share articles that are useful, helpful, inspirational and motivational
  6.  Be passionate in interests - sketching, drawing, singing, writing and doing yoga
  7.  Read at least one book per month
  8.  Take part in those writing competitions (at least once/year)
  9.   Learn more or get involved for the skills or things that I don't know or I'm not familiar 
Lastly, happy new year all ! May year 2018 grow with good cheer and gratitude ! 💜💙💚

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @joejoe_pang