Having fun in Gaya Street, Sabah

by - November 13, 2014

Date of going: 5/10/2014

Hello readers, time flies & I've been coming to Sabah for 2 months+. Everything here is fine especially with the companion of my friends & I adapt it well. Since I've only one computer lab (1 hour / week), I'm not that busy like my friends who have science labs (3 hours / lab), but I do have 3 tutorial classes that I always rush through my homework despite of attending lectures. So it actually means that every university students are almost the same, right ?

What I've learnt is to snatch a little leisure from a busy university life, yet I've been not watching RunningMan which never fails to make me laugh like a kid for almost one month. For me, it's vital to have some fun with ur bunch of friends as university life is considered as a new but not a long journey, it's only three years. Choosing UMS to complete my tertiary education is right, one of the main reasons that I choose here is to play around in Sabah haha. I'm amazed to see how beautiful the place is (nature, beach, etc) & undeniably, Sabah is really a good travel destination.




Thus, we always have an itch to explore the good places & delicious food here. We play harder, but work harder at the same time !

Before 2 weeks of mid-term break, we went to Gaya Street which is only available on Sunday morning. There is a typical market that hosts a lot of different stalls selling almost everything. If you want to buy some souvenirs from Sabah, it's indeed a worth place to visit. From UMS to there, it only took us about 15 minutes (by van RM 2 & of course u've to contact the drive to book before).



There was drizzle in the morning so we would not feel so hot even though people mountain people sea there. I bought nothing but I only bought one bottle of homemade black soy milk. Then we had our scrumptious brunch at  Fook Yuen Cafe & Bakery which is quite famous in Gaya Street. I was too hungry to eat quickly so I didnt capture good photos haha.


There are different variety of foods to choose & I regretted not to try their toasts & coffee. You just choose urself and then queue up to pay at the cash counter (self-service). 




RM4 / dimsum, it's more expensive compared to Penang's dimsum. Yet, I still took 5 because I really miss dimsum so much ! (5 x 3pcs = 15pcs) I still finished all of them haha. After brunch, we went to Suria Shopping Mall for window shopping. We made up our minds to eat sheng rou mian initially but it was raining cats & dogs plus strong wind outside, we couldnt go out. So we just stayed in Starbucks.

富源(Food Yuen Cafe & Bakery)
Address: 74, Jalan Gaya, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Hp/no: +60-88447784


It was dinner time hoho !
We waited for seats as there were a lot of customers although it was still raining. Bak kut teh of Yu Kee Restaurant is very well-known in Gaya Street so we just had a try on it.


Have a look, there're some differences compared to bak kut teh in East Msia rite ? The dishes were ordered one by one, so the price would be more expensive. RM50.20 for 5 persons. I realize that Penang foods are really much cheaper after I come to Sabah plus Penang foods are always that undescribably DELICIOUS ! 


佑记 (Yu Kee Bak Kut Teh)
Address: 74, Jalan Gaya, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Hp/no: 60-88221192

Lastly, I wanna say that I'm such blissful to born in Penang which is food paradise to eat so many delicious & yummy food. I love Penang, yet I start to love Sabah also ! It's actually my post before 1 month but I was too busy to do assignment, prepare for mid-term tests, go for Buddha camp & etc. There're still alot of articles that I wanna post, stay tuned ! I'll try to make time for updating more posts okay ? Stay tuned & thanks for reading ! :D

You May Also Like

1 comments

Instagram @joejoe_pang