[Review] Mi 3 Smartphone

by - July 12, 2014

I had two handphones before, they were SonyEricson W395i & Samsung Galaxy Y.
Reason why I bought W395i : It was purple colour one so I thought it was quite special that time lol.
Reason why I bought Galaxy Y: the cheapest smartphone ? I knew I would change a new one after F6 graduation so I didnt want to spend so much.

Who knows after two years ++, my first smartphone spoiled already. I didnt even have a lousy handphone to use & brought me alot of inconvenience. While I was still confused about which model of phone that I should buy, my elder sister suggested me to buy XiaoMi 3 online. I had never heard about the brand before until I viewed many posts that were related to it on facebook. Errrrr but then I was still unsure whether it was a good-functioning smartphone ? At last, I listened to my elder sister & waited for the third batch on 3th of July. 

 I sit in front of pc & got ready at about 11:45am that day. I was not nervous at all as I had confidence to make an order successfully hehe & I did it ! That's it !

See, I used 1 min & 10 seconds to checkout, not so fast lah but I was still over the moon ! :D

Finally, my new smartphone came after 1 week (10th of July) hoorayyyy but coincidentally I was teaching in tuition center that time. My elder sis received it from the postman & helped me to open it so I couldnt feel the excitement of opening the box since it was already opened lol.

Taadaaaa. "为发烧而生?" hahahaha I'm not one of them okayyy I just need a reasonable-priced & good-functioning smartphone. 

I bought Mi 3 with essential accessories. Mi 3 smartphone is only RM769 (for the first batch, its price is RM889), phone case + screen protector = RM36. Normally, the prices of phone case & screen protector are RM36 & RM10 respectively. It's more worthwhile to buy together with the phone.


I didnt do any research but I just bought it like that so it actually made me surprised that its screen is quite big !

it looks not bad right ? hehe

I'm an idiot of electronic devices so I had no ideas how to insert the sim card inside. U have to press inwards with the pin attached to the Quick Start guide. I think it's the disadvantage of buying phone online, no one helps u to settle everything lol. Fortunately, my problem was solved with the helping hands of my elder sis.

PRESS it to let the card slot automatically eject. 
Quick Start Guide. The information provided really helps alot.
The first problem had been solved & it was the turn of screen protector. Oooppss.

3 screen protectors inside and they are labelled like the photo shown above. “练习贴” was used perfectly with no bubbles.

The wallpaper -my favourite cute kids, Olivia. The kids tv show of <爸爸回来了> ! She's the daughter of 李小鹏 from China. 
The lock screen. She's such adorable. I wanna born a daughter like her also in future haha !

I always want a camera but I dont want to spend too much although I'm now working with the two salaries (total RM900++ depends on working days). My mummy bought me the first handphone when I was 15 whereas for the first smartphone, I bought it with the sponsor of RM300 by my mummy (its price was RM500). And now I used my hard-earned money to buy this phone with the total of RM805. It's the biggest amount of money that I've ever spent. I have mixed feeling yet I feel a little bit proud of not using any money of my parents. Glad one, they support me to buy this phone also hehe.

I still try to explore more good functions of the phone and I think girls will love its camera function. It has 2 megapixels of front camera & 13 megapixels of camera. Waaahhhh 13MP, better than digital camera with only 12MP so I decide not to buy a camera temporarily. After university graduation ? Perhaps.

What I love about it (Pros):
- It's incredibly cheap with only RM769 but its functions are as well as Samsung Note Series smartphone.
- It's really faster and won't be lag with the 2GB LPDDR3 RAM.
- It's in 5 inch with full HD display.
- It has 13MP camera with dual- LED flash & 2MP front camera with the function of beautifying.
- Its phone battery lasts longer even though the wifi is on

Cons: 
- It takes a longer time for charging fully. 4 hours to 5 hours (from 10% battery below to start charging)
- It's only available in one colour, that's classic black.

For other functions, please refer to their official website.

My next target, Mi Power Bank 10400mAh ! It's so cheap ! Stay tuned for my following posts ! 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @joejoe_pang